[support] Need to move drupal site to a new server.

Larry Hedrick lhedrick at dharmatech.org
Sun Dec 3 16:00:37 UTC 2006

This is my first use of the drupal support fourm.  If this post does not get
to the correct place, please instruct me on the proper reply method.  This
is a reply to a person who answered my original post.

 -----------

$base_url is set to:

$base_url = 'http://mysite.com';

Since the code quits near the starting function calls in index.php, this has
to be something simple or obvious related to the code I loaded into
public_html.  If I invalidate the name of the database in the $db_url value
the browser will report an error saying it can't get to the database.  This
indicates to me that the database is at least being opened.

Back to the code in includes/menu.inc

function menu_execute_active_handler() {
  if (_menu_site_is_offline()) {
    return MENU_SITE_OFFLINE;
  }

  $menu = menu_get_menu();

  // Determine the menu item containing the callback.
  $path = $_GET['q'];
#lrh
#
#!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
#on my working system $path has been returned as
#the string "node"
#on the system which fails it returns "home"
#don't know what this means at this point
echo $path;  # $paths is set to "home" ???
  while ($path && !isset($menu['callbacks'][$path])) {
    $path = substr($path, 0, strrpos($path, '/'));
  }

#$path is now null and we return page not found

Larry