[support] Need to move drupal site to a new server.

Jason Flatt drupal at oadaeh.net
Mon Dec 4 01:11:34 UTC 2006

On Sunday 03 December 2006 08:00, Larry Hedrick wrote:
> This is my first use of the drupal support fourm.  If this post does not
> get to the correct place, please instruct me on the proper reply method.

Yes, this is the correct place, but the traffic in here isn't so great.

You can also try the forums at:
http://drupal.org/forum
or, probably more specifically for your situation:
http://drupal.org/forum/21
or:
http://drupal.org/forum/22
which I see you are doing:
http://drupal.org/node/100505

The forums are a little more active, and more heavily watched, but it seems to
me that you can get a different slant from the mail list.

> This is a reply to a person who answered my original post.
>
>  -----------
>
> $base_url is set to:
>
> $base_url = 'http://mysite.com';

Try setting it to:
$base_url = 'http://mysite.com/~drupaltest';
(from your original post)

Or, better yet, commenting it out.  Drupal versions 4.7.0 and above do not
normally need that setting specified.

[ s n i p ]

I personally have no clue what is causing your problem, but the two other
things I would try (besides the above), are varifying you have the .htaccess
file in the root directory and checking for & disabling Clean URLs
(http://mysite.com/?q=admin/settings).

--
Jason Flatt
http://www.oadaeh.net/