[support] Problems after move to new host

Larry Garfield larry at garfieldtech.com
Tue Dec 5 06:08:14 UTC 2006

It is generally recommended to clear the cache and disable clean URLs before
moving a site.  If you're running 4.6, then the $base_url is *required*, and
should be the web path to the directory where your Drupal's index.php file
resides.  ($base_url became optional in Drupal 4.7.)

Drupal also works fine in a subdirectory that has a ~.  I do it all the time
on my home test system.

--
Larry Garfield			AIM: LOLG42
larry at garfieldtech.com		ICQ: 6817012