[support] i18n links

Mohammed Al-shar' mohammed at atexplorer.com
Fri Dec 8 09:13:58 UTC 2006

hello listers.

I have a site running drupal 4.7.4 and i18n module. I have been able to do most things with regards to i18n module, with moderate success. I attempted to display only the inactive language link with the following function in my template.php file:

function nattiq_i18n_link($text, $target, $lang, $separator=' '){
  $output = '<span class="i18n-link">';
  if ($lang == i18n_get_lang()) {
    //language is active. Do nothing.
  }
  else {
    $output .= l($text, $target, array(), NULL, NULL, FALSE, TRUE);
  }

  $output .= '</span>';
  return $output;
}

this works just fine, except for this wierd thing: when the english version is running the arabic link works fine, but when in the arabic version the english link just doesn't work. this is only in internet explorer, I have tried with other browsers and everything worked fine. of course, most of our visitors will be using i.e.

I tried changing the theme, and the links worked good in both versions. now what work around is there so that I get the links to work in both versions with the current theme? any suggestions?

the site in question is: www.nattiq.net

Regards,
Mohammed al-shar'