[support] Setting up leech

Grandmother Spider gs at grandmother-spider.com
Sun Dec 24 01:38:51 UTC 2006

I'm just now re-installing a 4.7.x website that crashed and burned when
I had to put it onto a new box. Agg2 was the main module running the
site; the site depends on that kind of functionality. In the time since
the site initially crashed, agg2 was abandoned and leech became its
replacement. Fine and dandy, but the instructions are so craptastic
that I can't figure out how to get the thing to run. I've figured out
enough to enter a feed, but feed items are not showing up.

What I've done:

1) Installed and/or enabled the leech module and the node_template
module.

2) Made a story node into a template.

3) Went into ~/admin/settings/content-types/story and enabled leech,
giving it the template.

4) Made nodes of two different feeds using the newly leech-y story
type, and updated/leeched the feeds.

5) Yes, cron is running.

And then what? Who knows! Because the feed items aren't appearing
anywhere and nothing I'm reading at drupal.org tells me where or how
they might be enabled. I went to the IRC channel today and was
confronted by a blank screen but for my own appeals for a good
half-hour.

OK I'm done bitching now. I feel better. :) I don't expect folks to do
it all for me, I just wish when people release stuff they made better
READMEs, or find someone to write a README for them. Yes, I will write
READMEs for developers, having done tech writing before, but you have
to explain what the hell's going on to me first. I've been working with
Drupal since '04, possibly '03, I can't remember, so I'm not new to
this stuff.

Lynn S.

------
Mama, homeschooler, writer, activist, spinner & knitter
http://www.siprelle.com

NOTICE: The National Security Agency may have read this email without
warning, warrant, or notice.