[support] setting.php - changing Drupal's admin path

Bèr Kessels ber at webschuur.com
Wed Feb 1 15:59:08 UTC 2006

Op woensdag 1 februari 2006 15:47, schreef dir.dev at digitalreef.net:
> Bèr said:
> > The parent of this mail gives a soluion that lets you hack into
> > drupal.moudle.
> > That is very bad advice.
> >
> >  http://drupal.org/node/2476 contains a lot of links to solutions.
>
> All the solutions except one listed on the link above require you to hack
> your  includes/common.inc file instead of the modules/user.module file.
>
> Bèr, I'm just learning Drupal. what's the difference between making
> changes to includes/common.inc and making changes to modules/user.module?
> Is one okay and the other not? Either would be wiped out by a source-copy
> update to a new version of Drupal. What else do we need to be wary of?
>
> Deeper info of why such changes are not a good idea would be good to know
> out here in the field.

That needs no 'deep why'. Hacking any software is a bad idea. Esp. software
that is out ni the big bad internet.

I cannot find it right now, but I am 100% sure that in the handbook and/or the
forums there are some examples and solutions that need you to edit only the
settings.php. I do not recall the name of that function nor the link.

But that is the road to tak. This should not be solved by hacking any core
module or core file.

Bèr
--
| Bèr Kessels | webschuur.com | website development |
| http://bler.webschuur.com | http://www.webschuur.com |