[support] nodes with flash - linking, photographs also.

Bruce Whealton brucewhealton at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 4 16:50:45 UTC 2006

Hi,
      I was wondering if the content of a posting should have links that are relative to the Drupal install, that is internal links or use a full http path?

      This occurs to me as an issue if one wants to include a photograph in a posting.  There are a few options but I'm not sure which is best.  Please let me know if the options below, one, will work, or two are good practice or efficient ways of doing things.  Number 2 seems tricky though it occurs to me as something possible.

  1) Like including the flash as described below, one uploads the files (flash or images) and links within the posting to the location of the flash or image

  2) Attach the file (flash or image) when posting and then link to it at the same time as one creates the post.

  3)  Use an image tool.  If so, there are a few options correct?  One is Image_assist, a module one can add.  I haven't found any extensive documentation to figure out what this module can do and how?  Only brief overview documentation that gives a "brief" explanation.  Is this tool the best way to include images in posts?  It seems to be the purpose for the tool.

  Thanks,
  Bruce

Gordon Heydon <gordon at heydon.com.au> wrote:
  Hi,

On Fri, 2006-02-03 at 13:01 -0500, VJ wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Im having trouble creating a node (page) which uses flash (all the swf
> files etc are on the server and I link to them in the html). Has anyone
> used flash in their nodes? How did you do it?

Just make sure that you use either the full html without the line break
filter enabled on it or use the php filter.

Then just drop in the html verbatim.

Gordon.

Bruce Whealton - Webmaster/Designer/publisher/Writer
admin at TriangleWebServices.com
http://trianglewebservices.com/
Street Exposure - Street Newspaper
http://wordsalad.net/StreetExposure/