How to make Drupal more bloggy [Re: [support] massive blog hosting]

dondi_2006 dondi_2006 at libero.it
Sun Feb 5 09:25:55 UTC 2006

blogdiva wrote:

> You have to do your own footwork with services like Technorati as
> well as set up the blogs with TBs and pings. If I were you, I'd take
> a look at the distribution put together by CivicSpaceLabs
>
> www.civicspacelabs.org
>
> It has everything you need to use Drupal as a community blog
> platform. I have added to my set up the following modules :

Blogdiva,

thanks for all this information. I will certainly study all the
modules and links you signalled in the next days. However, please
note that my questions were not meant to "setup a community blog
platform with Drupal". Instead, I need to build a site where:

1) content is *only* created by me (and maybe a few others), is *not*
   really "blog-like" (that is a chronological series of short
   articles with or without some tags attached), has a complex
   structure and extra features that can be managed much more easily
   with Drupal than Wordpress or any other blog-focused package, but:

2) each of the pages/nodes created should be just as "bloggy" as if it
   had been created with WordPress, that is offer trackbacks to/from
   plain blogs, pingbacks, technorati indexing and everything else said
   in this thread, with as little manual work as possible by the webmaster

So I will study all the material you listed, and am not afraid of manual
configs or PHP hacking to build the website, but the question is, can all
the modules and procedures you listed help me to build a website as above?
A full fledged CMS with a 100% blog-like behavior towards its_visitors_, not its content creators?

TIA,
D.