[support] User File Space?

Jiann-Ming Su sujiannming at gmail.com
Tue Feb 7 07:01:57 UTC 2006

On 2/7/06, Karthik <narakasura at gmail.com> wrote:
> > It's not a showstopper at this point, but I sort of picked Drupal with
> > the impression that it has this capability.
>
> Please open a feature request for this on drupal.org ..

Actually, what I need can be done with flexinode and the following patch:

  http://drupal.org/node/33845

After patching flexinode, do the following:

1.  Create a new user.
     administer->users->add user
2.  Create a new role.
     administer->access control->roles->Add role
3.  Add that user to the new role.
     administer->users->edit user->Roles
4.  Create a new flexinode content type that can include a file -- use
the "add file" operation
     administer->content->content types->add content type
5.  Under administer->access control check the relevant check boxes
for the new flexinode vs. the new role, specifically:
     create "new flexinode" content
     edit own "new flexinode" content
     view uploaded "new flexinode" files

Obviously, this can be quite tedious if you have a bunch of users and
roles.  So, ideally, the new feature should be able to make this type
of user/file access administration easier.

--
Jiann-Ming Su
"The system's broke, Hank.  The election baby has peed in