[support] Image/Photo Galleries - recommendations of modules

Bruce Whealton brucewhealton at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 7 14:46:44 UTC 2006

  How do you specify on the page below, to use one size and then a larger size when someone clicks on a smaller thumbnail size?

  Are those profile links, in other words names in the list of users for your site?  Or is each name a node?

  I had in mind something like this for a genealogy site and also on an alumni site.  Either have each name be a node or have a way to display each name in the database of users, what do you think would be the best way to do that and how did you accomplish your site layout?
  Thanks,
  Bruce

The Image Filter module allows the easy inclusion of pictures in other nodes,
by using a special syntax: [Image:123] where 123==a node id. You can put
that anywhere in the Body of the node, and the image will be placed there.

> Q3> Should I consider other modules for working with or using images?

I have not used the other modules, so I cannot say what their usefulness is.

I have recently used Image and Image Filter on this site:
http://www.flattfamily.com/william/

I started to use the gallery features of image, then opted not to, as it did
not flow with the way I was setting up the site.

--
Jason Flatt
http://www.oadae.net/
jason at oadae.net

Bruce Whealton - Webmaster/Designer/publisher/Writer
admin at TriangleWebServices.com
http://trianglewebservices.com/
Street Exposure - Street Newspaper
http://wordsalad.net/StreetExposure/