[support] How-to allow other users to edit content created by others

Jason Flatt drupal at oadae.net
Wed Feb 22 20:50:25 UTC 2006

On Wednesday 22 February 2006 12:34 pm, David Grant wrote:
> How do I allow other users to edit content others have created?
>
> For example, user1 creates a story. user1 can edit the story. How can I
> give user2 rights to edit the story as well? There is a permission for
> "edit own content" under stories but there is no "edit all content"
> under stories. This seems like a severe limitation to me.
>
> Thanks,
> David

Modify the code for the story.module.

Specifically, edit line number 32, thusly:

  return array('create stories', 'edit own stories');

to something like:

  return array('create stories', 'edit own stories', 'edit any stories');

And add something like the following to the story_access() function:

  if ($op == 'update' || $op == 'delete') {
    if (user_access('edit any stories')) {
      return TRUE;
    }
  }

Disclaimer:  The above is UNTESTED code for the 4.6.5 version!

--
Jason Flatt
http://www.oadae.net/