[support] Users/profiles

Bruce Whealton brucewhealton at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 23 15:14:42 UTC 2006

Hi all,
       I wanted to find out how one might display a list of all users at site.  I know I can show my own profile by using the path
  user/1
  1)     Suppose I wanted a menu item that would list all people on a site, for example if one wanted to find all persons who are members of a site?  What would the link be?
  I know I can get to that list by going to
  admin/user/
  but that requires administrative priviledge.  I don't want to give every anonymous user the ability to modify a user profile but I'd like to display the list of users for others to look for a person?  So, #1 is to look for members/users/staff by a list displaying everyone.  Can I show that list to everyone that visits my site?
  2) What about a search for a member, can I setup a box that is more descriptive then just search?  That is not necessarily intuitive for some people who want to find someone.  I know I can put up there a menu item with this path
  search/user/
  But can I modify the search box, the way it dispays?  Would I add a block?

  I know I've seen other sites on the list that had a listing of people and photographs, profiles.  I think #2, using search is the easiest but being able to display every person, as described in #1, is harder to me.

  3)  Can I have each field, say State, or other location field become a link to show others from the same state, or location? or some other field?
  I do have a location field and it says I'm from NC.  But that field isn't a link that would connect me with others that have the same field value.

  Thanks,
  Bruce

Bruce Whealton - Webmaster/Designer/publisher/Writer
http://trianglewebservices.com/
Word Salad Poetry Magazine - join us online at:
http://wordsalad.net/
Street Exposure - Street Newspaper
http://wordsalad.net/StreetExposure/