[support] Drupal 4.7 modules

Kobus Myburgh ITBJDM at puknet.puk.ac.za
Mon Feb 27 13:08:59 UTC 2006

Hi,

I seem to download a lot of modules marked module-cvs.tar.gz, but when I open them, it is still a module for Drupal 4.6.

I think it might be my limited knowledge about these terminologies, so please correct me if I am wrong. isn't CVS supposed to indicate the latest version? Isn't a module that is marked as CVS supposed to work on Drupal CVS and hence also Drupal 4.7 Beta X?

I currently find it very hard to find any useful modules for my sites, because of this problem.

I recall something like this circulating on the list before, but I can't find that now. I also recall quite a nifty new UI for module downloads (which seemingly didn't work 100% correctly) but I am not sure if it was on the scratch page or the live page, and where to find it now, but that was indeed nice.

Can someone shed some light on this for me, please?

Regards,

Kobus