[support] Drupal 4.7 modules

Kobus Myburgh ITBJDM at puknet.puk.ac.za
Mon Feb 27 17:11:09 UTC 2006

Hi!

Thanks for the reply. Okay, seems I will have to wait patiently then... :-)

Perhaps the old unmaintained modules should be removed, perhaps?

Regards,

Kobus

>>> gildas.cotomale at gmail.com 2/27/2006 7:00:25 PM >>>
On 2/27/06, Kobus Myburgh <ITBJDM at puknet.puk.ac.za> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I seem to download a lot of modules marked module-cvs.tar.gz, but when I open them, it is still a module for Drupal 4.6.
>
> I think it might be my limited knowledge about these terminologies, so please correct me if I am wrong. isn't CVS supposed to indicate the latest version? Isn't a module that is marked as CVS supposed to work on Drupal CVS and hence also Drupal 4.7 Beta X?

CVS version is the developpement version.. You are right, it should be
the latest and be aware that it should be buggy too (as cvs release is
not a final release but a developpement going on...)
But a CVS Module is not specialy for Drupal CVS.. maybe because it is
nolonger maintained (in that case, the CVS is like a snapshot of the
lates devel..) I'm sure you'll find there some modules for Drupal 4.5
:>
Modules for 4.7 will be labeled so ; just wait then. Notice that many
maintenairs didn't convert their code to 4.7 : they are waiting for
the 4.7 beta before to start the job (an beta means nothing won't
change, only bugs will be corrected.. but it's already the case with
RCs)