[support] Basic help getting started

Bruce Whealton brucewhealton at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 10 23:17:30 UTC 2006

Hi
     The problem seems to clearly be with the PHPTemplate setup.  I tried a theme, Goofy that did not have a requirement of the PHPTemplate script and that theme was found right away by drupal.  Unfortunately, it didn't seem to appreciably change the site look at all, even when I set the new theme to be the default theme.
  Any thoughts, suggestions, etc?
  Bruce

Bruce Whealton <brucewhealton at yahoo.com> wrote:
    Hi,
     Thanks for the help/support.  I did both of these things.  The PHPTemplates is installed in the directory as described.  Then I put box_grey in the directory in the folder themes/box_grey
  But other than the default themes that came with the Drupal installation, I have no other theme options showing up.
  Thanks,
  Bruce

"Metzler, David" <MetzlerD at evergreen.edu> wrote:
      There are some theme installatioin instructions at:

  http://drupal.org/node/43767

  Basically, you need to install "Theme Engines" to support specific themes.  PHPTemplate is a theme engine used by many themes such as Box_Grey.  So if you want to use some of the PHPTemplate themes (like box_grey) then you need to first download and install the PHPTemplate theme engine.  Then you download and install a particular theme (like box_grey).

  To summarize:
  1.  Download and untar/zip the PHPTemplate them and put it in the themes/engines folder.
  2.  Download the box_grey theme (which happens to use the PHPTemplate theme engine). Untar/zip the theme and place it in the drupal themes folder.
  3.  Navigate to Administer themes, and you should see the new box_grey theme as an option.

  THe second question is a bit more complex, and I'd recommend you looking through the modules list to make sure you find a module that's closest to doing email the way you want to do it prior to trying to encorperate it into a menu.

  Dave