[support] Basic help getting started

Metzler, David MetzlerD at evergreen.edu
Fri Jan 13 16:29:37 UTC 2006

I've been dialoging with someone else outside of this list.  I've
figured out two ways to do this automatically that I thought I'd share:

Enable the "book Navigation Block" to generate your navigation based on
book navigation menus.   Non-book node types can be assigned to the book
navigation menus using the "Outline tab" when you publish the content.
Or you can just build the navigation by making most of your pages book
pages.

Use the taxonomy_menu module to have menus generated based on
"categories" you assign to content as you publish the content.  Each
menu is then a list of nodes/teasers based on categories.  The content
can show up in mutiple places this way.

I'll be really interested to explore menus on the fly in Drupal 4.7.  By
the by anyone heard of an official release date?  I've been watching the
drupal site with baited breath. :)

Dave