[support] Basic help getting started

Bruce Whealton brucewhealton at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 14 17:04:22 UTC 2006

   I noticed something interesting.  The documentation was pointing out how incompatible 4.7 4.6, 4.5, and 4.4 are in terms of themes, and perhaps modules.  Fantatico is used for the installations of Drupal and it now installs Drupal 4.5 I think.  So, when the themes that I got that were 4.6 versions seemed to work, the idea that I was using the 4.6 version of the theme may have explained some few bugs or problems.  They seemed to work ok, but I guess that might explain some things.  I just noticed that the themes and modules have different versions that just won't work if paired with the wrong version of Drupal.  So, we don't have backwards compatibility with themes or modules, correct?

  Bruce

Steven Peck <speck at blkmtn.org> wrote:
  menu_otf or menu on the fly module.
The functionality is built into Drupal 4.7.