[support] excessive bandwith usage

Kobus Myburgh itbjdm at puknet.puk.ac.za
Mon Jan 16 09:40:08 UTC 2006

Larry - that seems to be the problem. You could cut your usage with 76%+ if you get rid of this...

Regards,

Kobus

>>> naasei at gmail.com 1/16/2006 11:33:07 AM >>>
Skip,

My badnwith is more than that. if my bandwith is pver 150GB for this
monthly. I have been asked by the hoting company to solve it by today
or stop using their shared server.

Looking at my referrers,I notice that
example.com/admin_users_refresh.php has 32350 which is 76.17%  of the
total hits. This is craty syntax, a live help OS tht I use to monitor
the site.

Could this be the problem?

Regards

larry

On 1/16/06, Skip Taylor <avskip at gmail.com> wrote:
> Larry,
>
> I had something similar happen. I wasn't warned by the hosting company, but
> I did notice my bandwidth was way out of line.
>
> My server log had grown to 300+MB and my bandwidth was at 2+GB.
>
> It turned out that Google had used up 1.6GB bandwidth in that one month and
> most of the log was the Googlebot having it's own party.
>
> I wrote to them and asked them to look into it and it stopped.
>
> Maybe it's something like this?
>
> Regards,
> Skip
>

> On 1/15/06, Larry <naasei at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Greetings all,
> >
> > My site appears to be using too much bandwith. Iam on a shared hosting
> > server and my provider has told me I am using in excess of 16% whilst
> > I am only allowed 3%
> > It also appears there about 50,000 visitors a day to the site  which
> > is a bit alrming as I have less than 300 members,
> >
> > What modules or scripts do you guys think are causing this excessive
> > bandwith usage?
> > I am running drupal 4.63
> >
> > regards
> >
> > Larry
> > --

London Networking EXPO™ -  "The Ultimate Business Networking
Experience™ in Europe!
Tel 08701994474