[support] Trackbacks, pingbacks, Technorati: Drupal vs wordpress?

dondi_2006 dondi_2006 at libero.it
Wed Jan 18 05:33:32 UTC 2006

Thanks to all who already answered to my request on "How to make drupal friendly to Wordpress / blog users?"

Answers to that thread are still very much appreciated, of course,
since I'd really like to put together as much info as possible.

In the meantime, the feedback I got helped me to reformulate better the following parts of the problem:

1) I've discovered and read with great interest the thread
   "Wordpress vs Drupal; what's in a reputation?" at
   http://drupal.org/node/29364
   I have the same need expressed by debocracy ("blogging in
   drupal" comment) on October 28, 2005 :

   > I need something that is acceptable to Technorati and other
   > blog traffic sites that is not embarrassingly dull and
   > featureless.

   so one of my questions becomes "how to make drupal-generated
   content automatically findable and indexable by Technorati
   and other blog search engines just as if it had been made
   with wordpress??"

2) the other thing I'd need to know and study is how the
   trackback and pingback/pingomatic capabilities of Drupal
   differ from those of wordpress.

Links to full reviews and comparisons of these specific aspects,
tutorials, first hand experience and tips, pointers to Drupal
sites which already offer trackback/pingback are greatly
appreciated.

Thanks you all in advance for feedback,

Ortles
(still very interested in the general issue as explained in the
other thread)