[support] manage and cross-link multilingual content

Jason Flatt drupal at oadae.net
Sat Jan 21 15:02:42 UTC 2006

On Tuesday 17 January 2006 22:41, dondi_2006 wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have found these two pages:
>
> http://drupal.org/node/43676
> http://drupal.org/node/5253
>
> but they don't seem to address exactly my problem.
>
> I want to have a bilingual site where, besides having
> one interface (menus, site map etc) for each language,
> any single article:
>
> 1) can have both an english and an italian version, or
> 2) full version in any of those languages, summary in the other
> 3) the two versions of each article, be they full or
>    summaries, automatically link to each other
>
> Thanks in advance for any feedback,
>
> Ortles

I believe you want to enable the localization module [0] and you want to
install and enable the i18n module [1].  I am working on this myself for a
site, but haven't completed it, so I don't know all the specifics.  Follow
the directions outlined in the i18n module's texts and you will have a place
when you create a new node that will give you the ability to enter the text
for both languages.

[0] http://drupal.org/handbook/modules/locale
[1] http://drupal.org/project/i18n

--