[support] User contact

Bruce Whealton brucewhealton at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 26 18:14:05 UTC 2006

Wow, did this go to the list?  That was stupid of me!

Bruce Whealton <brucewhealton at yahoo.com> wrote:    I can do that.  It's at
  http://wordsalad.net/
  You can login using
  username: admin2
  Kobus Myburgh <itbjdm at puknet.puk.ac.za> wrote:
  Bruce,

I don't know what else to tell you. Hopefully someone else can help you, or perhaps I can check it out in your site admin (you'll have to give me an account though with some priviledges)?

Kobus

>>> brucewhealton at yahoo.com 1/26/2006 3:59:12 PM >>>
It is selected or enabled. I tried logging in as user 2 and enabling User Profile but it still does not have the option for Contact User. Even from the Admin account, there isn't a means to contact the user, as there should be. I should see the contact button or tab for that user when I am logged in as admin. So, it should be there. Logically it makes sense what you said and what I'm seeing logically does not make sense. But, for some reason even with Personal Contact Form enabled, it does not let me contact that user.
Confused and frustrated,
Bruce

Kobus Myburgh wrote:
Bruce,

In your user's profile, you will have to enable personal contact form for that account. Administrator can contact that user perfectly, because user 1 has that access regardless of whether that option is activated or not. Just check the "Personal Contact Form" checkbox in user 2's profile.

Regards,

Kobus

>>> brucewhealton at yahoo.com 1/24/2006 4:23:50 PM >>>
Hi.
I'm having a problem allowing a user to be able to receive email from the site, to be contacted. I setup a user name of Editors for an online publication. The user is given permissions for more than one role, as is another member. When I'm logged in as admin, I cannot send an email to this user. When I select that user, the contact tab does not appear. Strangely, I can contact myself, as the admin, where it would be from admin to admin.
But user/2/contact gives a message of access denied. Any idea why that would happen? I had thought the direct link of
user/2/contact was a problem in going directly to the contact form but even selecting user then selecting the username, brings up a page that lacks a tab for contact.

I want to have simple links such as Contact Us, to contact the admins, or publishers, or send an email to the editors... When a user selects such a custom menu item they go directly to the form for sending the message/email. That can be done, correct?
Thanks,
Bruce

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Bruce Whealton - Webmaster/Designer/publisher/Writer
admin at TriangleWebServices.com
http://trianglewebservices.com/
Street Exposure - Street Newspaper
http://wordsalad.net/StreetExposure/
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

---------------------------------

Bruce Whealton - Webmaster/Designer/publisher/Writer
admin at TriangleWebServices.com
http://trianglewebservices.com/
Street Exposure - Street Newspaper
http://wordsalad.net/StreetExposure/

With a free 1 GB, there's more in store with Yahoo! Mail.--