[support] Disable category display on nodes

Tim Vaughan talltim at gmail.com
Sun Jan 29 15:25:50 UTC 2006

Hi,

I'm using Drupal 4.6.x with a modified version of the Bluemarine theme.

I want to use the taxonomy module to let me sort content and create
blocks that list nodes of each category.  However, I don't want the
category type to be visible at all on each node.  Ideally, the
taxonomy module would be an invisble "behind the scenes" feature that
would help administration and not be visible to users.

I tried removing the:

    <!-- BEGIN: taxonomy -->
    <!-- END: taxonomy -->

from xtemplate.xtmpl but that gave the following error:

[XTemplate] parse: blockname [node.taxonomy] does not exist in
/home/mylogin/public_html/themes/engines/xtemplate/xtemplate.inc on
line 418.

I also tried setting the css as follows:

.node .taxonomy {
  color: #999;
  font-size: 0.8em;
  padding: 1.5em;
  display: none;
}

but the category was still visible.  I can't find an option to disable
category display in the admin menu.

Is this possible?  What's the best way to accomplish it?

Tim