[support] User info.

Bruce Whealton brucewhealton at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 29 19:27:39 UTC 2006

Hi all,
      For some reason, I'm not seeing on my drupal install the profile.  It is enabled.  The idea is to have various fields that users can use when enrolling, aka registering, or later to add information about themselves.
     Perhaps the FOAF might help for some sites, but the fields setup by default do seem somewhat extensive and useful.  I just can't find them on my install of drupal.
  Am I not looking somewhere?  I'll need to add a link to the navigation for uses to add to their profile, add personal details, or something to that effect... a tell us about yourself.  It's not a personals or friendfinder site but still profiles would be useful.
     Here's an example of how it would be useful.  A company wants to profile the skills of its staff/employees.  Each employee could log in and update at any time the details about themselves.  Then categories, and other links on the menu could take the visitor to the details of each staff member.  It would help to highlight skills that the company has through the individual skills of each employee.  Is there a module out there I might want to consider for this or does the basic install of drupal have enough to do this?   How might this be done/layed out/displayed, ete, i.e. what options are there for doing this kind of thing?
  Thanks,
  Bruce

Bruce Whealton - Webmaster/Designer/publisher/Writer
admin at TriangleWebServices.com
http://trianglewebservices.com/
Street Exposure - Street Newspaper
http://wordsalad.net/StreetExposure/