[support] Distributed authentication not working

Glenn Yonemitsu techie at greenapplestream.com
Mon Jan 30 01:54:57 UTC 2006

Hello, everyone.

I have maindomain.com with a drupal setup. I also have seconddomain.com
running with the same core files as maindomain.com.

However, there are no apache setup for this multi-domain setup. Instead,
I changed my DNS entries so seconddomain.com will send everything to
maindomain.com without changing the headers (that tells drupal that the
site is seconddomain.com).

So now, I activated the drupal modules and entered enough site
information for both installations. I setup the cron jobs, and they go
off every hour using cron-lynx.sh. Both also point the xml-rpc server to
maindomain.com/xmlrpc.php.

I cannot log into maindomain.com with user at seconddomain.com nor with
user at www.seconddomain.com. Same with the reverse direction.

I searched everywhere for some additional information that might be
needed, but I cannot find any. Hope somebody out there can help me out.

Thanks in advance.