[support] news and annoucements page?

Jiann-Ming Su sujiannming at gmail.com
Mon Jan 30 05:12:34 UTC 2006

On 1/29/06, Gordon Heydon <gordon at heydon.com.au> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Sun, 2006-01-29 at 18:30 -0500, Jiann-Ming Su wrote:
> > How do I create a news and annoucements page similar to http://drupal.org/news?
> > Do I need to create a custom node type using flexinode?  Thanks for any tips.
>
> This is actually what drupal does very well.
>
> Using taxonomy create a category called something like news, and then
> using the path taxonomy/term/x and you can bring up all content in this
> category.
>
> You can also use the path module change the path to news, in admin > url
> aliases

Thanks for the quick reply.  I was able to get that to work.  Is it
possible for the taxonomy/category term to be embedded in another
drupal page?  The site I'm converting currently has a nice little
"Press Release" graphic that I'd like to incorporate.

--
Jiann-Ming Su
"The system's broke, Hank.  The election baby has peed in