[support] Support for photographs in the profiles

Peter Apockotos drupal at apockotos.com
Tue Jan 31 16:07:50 UTC 2006

On Jan 31, 2006, at 10:56 AM, Bruce Whealton wrote:

> Hi all,
> I have had some problems with the upload picture feature on my
> account.  I tried uploading a picture from this place user/1/edit
> Which comes from my account>> edit
>
> Allow me to include the lines that I saw when this was attempted.
> (see below for the error messages) In one situation, I got these
> errors but the pictures still showed up.  I tried changing the
> permissions on the directory and was given an error that I couldn't
> change the permissions on the folder drupal-install-dir/files/images/
> or drupal-install-dir/files/pictures/
> Despite these messages from my ftp program saying I couldn't do
> this, the chmod did take effect.
> Unfortunately that did not have an effect on removing the errors I
> was seeing on upload photograph.  Any idea what I should do?
>
> Also, I have a too big photograph now that is as sociated with my
> postings.  I want to remove that from the system and from it's
> place on the postings.  How do I do this?  I thought I had deleted
> the image from my profile but it's still showing up.
>
> Thanks,
> Bruce

Bruce this won't answer your question.  But I wish the profile image
was separate from the story.  In stead their should be a story image
there or category image in the place of the profile image.

If you truly deleted it.  Then the image is in your cache.  Or in the
drupal cache.  Either way flush both of them.

Peter Apockotos
http://www.apockotos.com
http://www.macmariner.com