[support] I can't believe you can't add content from the command line...

Chris Johnson chris at tinpixel.com
Mon Jul 3 18:57:49 UTC 2006

dondi_2006 wrote:
> I wrote:
>
>> in my original script flow diagram, the
>> box titled "now upload this file in one new Drupal node"
>> was the one that I was most confident, almost certain,
>> that already existed and was well documented...
>>
> [...]
>
>> What I see is that Drupal, Wordpress, and basically every
>> blog/cms I know of is implicitly designed for author(s)
>> who publish (very) short texts, only once in a while.
>
> ... and the more I go on, the more this looks true:
>
>> I will try to hack mailhandler now (already asked
>> privately for suggestions to the maintainer, hope he'll
>> answer).
>
> answer just arrived:
>
>> mailhandler is not suited for your needs, and i don't
>> know of a script that is. sorry.

Some thoughts off the top of my head:

It might be just as easy to create a small command line program that knows how
to talk to the blog API, and since there are open source clients that already
do that, there is even sample code to look at.  Maybe one of those clients can
even be run from the command line, I don't know.

I can certainly see the need for what you are doing.  In an ideal world,
everybody would use their favorite text editor / word processor to write
everything, and it would interface to everything else each user needed to send
that text to.

Good luck and let us know what you come up with.

..chrisxj