[support] I can't believe you can't add content from the command line...

dondi_2006 dondi_2006 at libero.it
Tue Jul 4 09:08:42 UTC 2006

Larry wrote:

> Another fact to consider is that most WYSIWYG word
> processors (Word, OOo Writer, KWord, etc.) generally
> produce output that is tailored for a printer. Their
> web-targeted output is by and large attrocious and
> breaks very very easily...unless you do a dramatic
> amount of cleanup,

yes, but this is very easily done automatically, outside
and before the scope of my original rant, with the right
FOSS tools and a bit of initial planning:

* write in openoffice defining ad-hoc styles and using
  them consistently.
* convert the opendocument files to html in openoffice
  or (in the near future, when ready) any of the command
  line converters to html
* run html tydy
* import result in cms

Oh, and using an HTML editor as you suggest, means just ignoring the most on-topic bottleneck, ie
how to not load anything in drupal manually...

> by which point it's frequently easier to just copy and
> paste the text out of it.

You surely were kidding here, right? Pasting from
OpenOffice into an HTML text area looses all formatting
(distinguishing heading from chapters, preserving URLs,
etc....)

Ciao,
O.