[support] SOLUTION TO: add content to Drupal from the command line...

dondi_2006 dondi_2006 at libero.it
Tue Jul 4 14:56:26 UTC 2006

Yippee!!!!!

I saw the light at last. Not only it *is* possible to add
content to drupal from a command line script with existing
tools but, apparently, somebody else already did it.

I am really, really, really embarassed to not have thought to this approach since day one (*) but you simply have to  login and provide the values of the normal drupal
form... with curl. Again, I have _not_ tried it myself yet, but once I remembered that this tool exists and what
is its purpose, a google search immediately found these pages:

http://www.voidberg.org/blog/python_symbian_gps_drupal_and_google_maps.html
http://ruk.ca/article/2603
http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Cookbook/Python/Recipe/267255

which seem to confirm that it can (is being) done.

Hope this helps everybody else who wanted to know how
I would deal with this problem. Note that, if ran on
the server after uploading everything via scp, this
_may_ also increase security, reducing the number of
times you have to send your unencrypted password over the internet.

Ciao,

Marco F.

(*) my only consolation (said friendly, please don't be
offended) is that in all the weeks I asked here and on
the forums _nobody_ else thought of it first :-P