[support] how to handle internal links

Greg Knaddison - GVS Greg at GrowingVentureSolutions.com
Mon Jul 10 13:30:35 UTC 2006

On 7/4/06, Ray Zimmerman <rz10 at cornell.edu> wrote:
> Isn't this an issue for lots of people? I find I'm always making
> copies of my site (throw my whole installation in a new directory and
> point it to a duplicate of the database) to play around with new
> features. Doesn't everyone do this?  :-)  How can I do it without it
> breaking all the internal links in my content?

I frequently make new subdomains for these temporary purposes instead
of new folders

live site: example.com
test site: test.example.com

That way the site stays relative in test and production.

I agree with Ber that a filter solution is a good idea, but the
subdomain works quickly for me since it's just as easy for me to add a
subdomain as a new directory.

Regards,
Greg

--
Greg Knaddison | Growing Venture Solutions
Denver, CO | http://growingventuresolutions.com