[support] newbie question - search in admin?

Anne-Marie Concepcion mylists at senecadesign.com
Sun Jul 30 19:50:21 UTC 2006

I'm working with a drupal developer to create a new site with some
legacy content from another site. The Drupal site is in off-line mode
for now.

So far we've ported over 200 stories. While I'm browsing around the
development site, I may notice that a story needs editing. On a
different site I have, run with WordPress, if I'm logged in and
browsing the blog, there'd be a little linked "edit" tag next to each
story and comment which would take me right to the edit window for
that story.

I'm really missing that in Drupal.

Can someone tell me if there's a faster way to locate a story in
Admin (content messages filter) for editing, other than sorting by
column heads here and then scrolling, scrolling, going to next page,
etc.? Even then I can only find a story if I know the first few words
in the title ... there's no way to search for body text in a story
within Admin, is there?

It's 4.7 if that makes a diff.

thx
AM