[support] newbie question - search in admin?

Chris Johnson chris at tinpixel.com
Mon Jul 31 00:31:33 UTC 2006

Anne-Marie Concepcion wrote:

> So far we've ported over 200 stories. While I'm browsing around the
> development site, I may notice that a story needs editing. On a
> different site I have, run with WordPress, if I'm logged in and browsing
> the blog, there'd be a little linked "edit" tag next to each story and
> comment which would take me right to the edit window for that story.

It sounds like you want to be able to edit a story you are viewing if you have
sufficient privileges to do so, and that you would like a link near the story
to take you to the editor.

In fact, Drupal has had that ability since I started using it more than 2
years ago.  If you are seeing a tab or link to edit the story, it is either
because you have insufficient privileges (which it sounds like is not the case
as you go on to ask about finding the post via admin pages), or because the
theme you are using is not displaying the link.

A possible test:  try appending /edit (slash edit) to the end of the URL of
the story you are reading.  If that lets you edit it, then it's simply a case
of the theme not displaying a link.

Drupal can do this.