[support] Menus

Metzler, David metzlerd at evergreen.edu
Thu Jun 15 14:17:16 UTC 2006

Yep this works.  I've done similar things to make blocks appear on
specific pages.  You don't technically need path_auto to accomplish
this.  If you use the path module, you can manually set up each page
with a path (e.g. news/todaysnews). What pathauto does for you is to
automatically set the "path" alias names based on content type and/or
taxonomy term plus the page title. You can always override a particular
page by specifically setting its path, provided you have the path module
enabled.

Menu sections can easily be reorganized into different blocks by
following the basic steps.

1.
	Make sure menu module is enabled and add a menu item.
2.
	Make sure you have administer menu priviledges.
3.
	Make a new menu block using "Add a Menu" under Administer->Menus
4.
	Move or add a menu item to your new menu by changing its "Parent
Item" to the newly created menu.
5.
	Now go to Administer->Blocks to control the placement of your
newly created menu block in the normal way, as well as which paths it
might appear on.

Dave