[support] Showing last 4 news is in homepage but in center not in blocks

Jason Flatt drupal at oadae.net
Sat Jun 17 13:17:51 UTC 2006

On Saturday 17 June 2006 00:09, bunset at dconsultia.es wrote:
> Hi!
> I want to show last 4 news of my CCK type called "news" but in center of
> homepage, not in blocks, inside the node I mean, so I need a php code to
> show it, I was trying but nothing
> Anybody knows ?
>
> Bye for now,
> David from Dconsultia.es

It's not PHP, but maybe it will help:

administer >> settings >> posts (admin/settings/node) >> Number of posts on
main page: >> set to 4 >> Save configuration

administer >> settings >> content types (admin/settings/content-types) >> news
configure >> check Promoted to front page >> Save configuration

Optional:
administer >> settings >> content types (admin/settings/content-types) >>
story configure >> uncheck Promoted to front page >> Save configuration
(repeat for any node type you do not want showing up on the first page)

If you already have any news nodes that you want displayed on the front page:
administer >> content (admin/node) >> select "edit" for any nodes to change >>
Publishing options >> check Promoted to front page >> Submit (or Preview >>
Submit) (repeat for any node you want showing up on the first page)

--
Jason Flatt
http://www.oadae.net/