[support] Custom Report . . .

Greg Knaddison - GVS Greg at GrowingVentureSolutions.com
Thu Jun 22 17:54:19 UTC 2006

On 6/17/06, Jason Flatt <drupal at oadae.net> wrote:
> I need to create a custom report that is based on several profile fields. It
> will need to group on one profile field, sort by another two, and then show
> four more -- for all active users. Should I be looking to do this as a page
> node or a module? I've been trying to do it as  a page node, but have been
> mostly unsuccessful thus far.

Maybe you can share more specifically how you've been unsuccessful or
what problems you've encountered so we can provide ideas to solve
those problems.

I'd probably use some of the php snippets related to customising user
profiles as a base for doing a mysql select and looping over the
result set.  The toughest part in that would be if you have enough
users that you want to paginate the results...if you want to paginate,
a module might be best (unless there is some way to paginate a
resultset in a drupal node that I don't know).

Regards,
Greg

--
Greg Knaddison | Growing Venture Solutions
Denver, CO | http://growingventuresolutions.com