[support] URL changes in 4.7

Alejandro Exojo suy at kurly.org
Mon Jun 26 10:58:53 UTC 2006

El Lunes, 26 de Junio de 2006 02:28, Earl Miles escribió:
> I've been thinking that what we really need is a simple filter that would
> properly do urls. It could look, for example, like:
>
> [url=node/123]

What do you think this syntax brings that HTML doesn't have? I don't see your
point.

> It'd be filtered into:
>
> http://www.example.com/directory/node/123

But why URLs should be converted to absolute? I know exactly where the content
will be posted, and where the target I'm linking to is located, and they are
at the same site, so I can post relative links, and if I need to move the
site, links still work.

> (I pick absolute because content can end up in an RSS feed and RSS feeds
> work better with absolute URLs)

No if you add the xml:base attribute.

--
Alex (a.k.a. suy) - GPG ID 0x0B8B0BC2