[support] Is a block a node?

Anisa mystavash at animecards.org
Wed Jun 28 10:23:21 UTC 2006

Users, profiles, and taxonomies are not pieces of content.  Maybe.  ^.^  But
you can put content into a block...  hm, well, OK, normally you don't have
to define where a piece of content goes, so I see what you mean.

Thank you for answering my question!

Anisa.
all shopped out.

On 6/28/06, Larry Garfield <larry at garfieldtech.com> wrote:

> No, lots of things aren't nodes.  Users aren't nodes.  User profiles
> aren't
> nodes.  Taxonomies aren't nodes.
>
> A block is a *view* of data, which could be a node or collection of nodes.
> It's not itself that data, but rather a rendering of it.
>
> On Tuesday 27 June 2006 21:59, Anisa wrote:
> > I am just curious.  I don't think it is, but it's kinda funny.  It's the
> > only piece of content that isn't a node, isn't it?
> >
> > Anisa.
>
> --
> Larry Garfield                  AIM: LOLG42
> larry at garfieldtech.com          ICQ: 6817012
>
> "If nature has made any one thing less susceptible than all others of
> exclusive property, it is the action of the thinking power called an idea,
> which an individual may exclusively possess as long as he keeps it to
> himself; but the moment it is divulged, it forces itself into the
> possession
> of every one, and the receiver cannot dispossess himself of it."  --
> Thomas
> Jefferson

www.AnimeCards.Org

16,000 scans and counting!