[support] mailing error in general

Metzler, David metzlerd at evergreen.edu
Thu Jun 29 15:52:14 UTC 2006

The answer depends on whether your server is linux or windows.  There
are PHP specific settings in the php.ini file that control this
behavior.  The linux ones rely on a properly installed and configured
sendmail, the windows ones just require you to provide the server that
you're sending mail to.

Here's what the php.ini settings look like.

[mail function]
; For Win32 only.
SMTP = localhost

; For Win32 only.
sendmail_from = me at localhost.com

; For Unix only.  You may supply arguments as well (default: "sendmail
-t -i").
sendmail_path = /usr/sbin/sendmail -t -i