[support] Providing ownerships of a subset of the site to user/group

Metzler, David metzlerd at evergreen.edu
Thu Jun 29 23:53:35 UTC 2006

The way we are using this is that we actually create a separate database
for each site section.  The look and feel is controlled centrally as all
sites have the same "theme" applied, but each site has its own separate
database.  Then you establish different roles for each site, but all are
using the same "code base".

You can also set a similar thing up in the same database, but you need
to do the multi-site install.  I find that to be more complicated than
it's worth, but others find it quite valuable.

David Metzler
The Evergreen State College