[support] PHP block snippet for account details

Bruce Whealton brucewhealton at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 5 19:32:08 UTC 2006

Hi,
      I created a block with the code that doesn't seem to be working but seems to give me the correct link anyway.  I had a site of mine that was missing the link to my account.  I could hard code in my own link and one for each user but that doesn't work, no one wants to see links to all the other users.  So, I created a block that has a link that is of the form
  drupalpath/user/  where drupalinstall is the full path to my drupal installation.
  This gives the user page for whomever is logged in.  When I'm logged in it goes to
  user/1/
  when I log in another user that I created it goes to the other users page, e.g.
  user/2/
  I was using the variable $userid which seems to get thrown away in my code or is this working?  Is there a different variable I might want to use besides $userid
  Here's the code, which I hope will be obvious about where the error might be.
  <?php
$output = '';  // single quotes
$output .= '<a href=';
$output .= '"user/';   // single quote with double quotes inside.
$output .= $userid;  // no quotes as I"m getting the $userid variable
$output .= '">Account/Profile details</a>';
return $output;
?>

  If it just needs /user/ for the full path to any users account listing, then I don't need the php.
  Thanks,
  Bruce

Bruce Whealton - Webmaster/Designer/publisher/Writer
http://trianglewebservices.com/
Word Salad Poetry Magazine - join us online at:
http://wordsalad.net/
Street Exposure - Street Newspaper
http://wordsalad.net/StreetExposure/