[support] base_path

Kobus Myburgh ITBJDM at puknet.puk.ac.za
Wed Mar 8 07:45:50 UTC 2006

Hi!

Thanks for your reply!

The problem that I have is that when I add it as Ber suggested, all my static links don't work when my site is in a subfolder such as www.mydomain.com/mysite instead of at the root level, www.mydomain.com.

This means I have to go and edit the content by hand to make it work. Everywhere where I have an <a href...> when the site is in a subfolder, this proposed solution doesn't work as expected...

Should it be necessary to hack Drupal like this? It just doesn't sound right that this thing that was working perfectly is now broken. What was gain from this change? I see no gains, only heartaches and sorrows. Perhaps if someone can explain to me in terms I can understand what gained was from this, I will understand better and stop resisting the forces of change ;-)

Regards,

Kobus

>>> larry at garfieldtech.com 3/8/2006 9:24:23 AM >>>
I believe Ber's suggestion was to manually re-add the base tag to your theme
and just put in whatever value it should have.  Poof, legacy links work again
while new base_path() links ignore it.

--
Larry Garfield			AIM: LOLG42
larry at garfieldtech.com		ICQ: 6817012