[support] base_path

Morbus Iff morbus at disobey.com
Wed Mar 8 12:18:49 UTC 2006

> I honestly think this base_path thing is a disaster... I am seriously
> thinking about sticking with beta 4 until a solution is found, because
> it freaks beginner-coders like me out :-(

Sounds like you shouldn't be using the betas then.

> The problem that I have is that when I add it as Ber suggested, all
> my  static links don't work when my site is in a subfolder such as
> www.mydomain.com/mysite instead of at the root level, www.mydomain.com.

I fail to see how that is an issue - your base_url would change both
times to the correct value. If your site is in www.mydomain.com, then
your $base_url would be "http://www.mydomain.com". If your site was in a
subdirectory, presumably you'd change the value of your settings.php
file, and that'd turn your base_url into http://www.mydomain.com/sub.

Where's the actual problem? What links, exactly, aren't working for you?
Where is there an online demo so we can see what you're talking about?

--
Morbus Iff ( i am the sexy alpha geek )