[support] base_path

Morbus Iff morbus at disobey.com
Wed Mar 8 12:51:11 UTC 2006

> the $base_url variable is "www.mydomain.com/mysite"
 >
> If I then modify base url in the theme and phptemplate as suggested,
> and put the path to an image in my theme as <a
> href="files/pictures/whatever.jpg"> then it does not obey the base
> url, and tries to read the file from
> www.mydomain.com/files/pictures/...

Then you're doing it wrong. If $base_url is www.mydomain.com/mysite,
then adding the following to your theme would be replicating the
behavior of Drupal's past:

  <?php global $base_url; ?>
  <base href="<?php print $base_url; ?>" />

That would cause links that look like files/pictures/whatever.jpg to be
treated as www.mydomain.com/mysite/files/pictures/whatever.jpg. Have you
been doing something different?

--
Morbus Iff ( for safety's sake, don't humiliate me )