[support] base_path

Kobus Myburgh ITBJDM at puknet.puk.ac.za
Thu Mar 9 06:34:40 UTC 2006

>> Then you're doing it wrong. If $base_url is www.mydomain.com/mysite,
>> then adding the following to your theme would be replicating the
>> behavior of Drupal's past:
>
> Thanks, I will go confirm this tonight at home.

I have confirmed that my $base_url in my settings.php is set correctly, under localhost, then site name, then subfolder. Without a trailing slash. In this case, it is:

$base_url = 'http://localhost/devel/dini470b5';  // NO trailing slash!

I have also reconfirmed that the base_url is correctly shown in the <base href> tag, by viewing the source of the page once it is rendered.

Still, the <a href>'s require that I add the "dini470b5/" in front of "files/pictures". Anyways, this is not an issue anymore, really, because this is the last site I am upgrading with existing content, so this means that I have to do it a few times for images in the theme only, so not a big problem anymore.

Thanks for all the comments!

Kobus