[support] Multiple Drupal Sites Errors

Jason Flatt drupal at oadae.net
Thu Mar 16 05:59:33 UTC 2006

On Wednesday 15 March 2006 08:49 pm, lists at southernohio.net wrote:
> I'm trying to set up the following scenario:
> mydomain.com/main is the primary Drupal installation.
>
> I am wanting users to be able to access a new Drupal site at:
> mydomain.com/main/NewSite
>
> In order to accomplish this, I have the following already in place
> (I'm on a linux server with plesk):
> ~/httpdocs/main/sites/default/settings.php
> ~/httpdocs/main/sites/mydomain.com.main.NewSite/settings.php
>
> I set the files in ~/httpdocs/main/sites/mydomain.com.main.NewSite/
> settings.php up to the new database for that site, however each time
> I go to "www.mydomain.com/main/NewSite" I get the default Drupal site
> error: "Page not found"
>
> I've been pouring over documentation I can find on multiple sites on
> one Drupal install, but am not having any luck.  Could someone please
> offer some suggestions or help to ascertain what might be going wrong
> here?
>
> Thanks so much.
>
> -George

And you put something in ~/httpdocs/main/NewSite/ or created a symlink to
~/httpdocs/main/ and you changed the $base_url in
~/httpdocs/main/sites/mydomain.com.main.NewSite/settings.php to reflect the
correct address of http://www.mydomain.com/main/NewSite and you verified your
letter case in all places, since you have mixed case directories?

--
Jason Flatt
http://www.oadae.net/