[support] A shot in the dark - was Drupal themes

Anton anton.list at gmail.com
Fri Mar 31 20:34:52 UTC 2006

On 01/04/06, Bruce Whealton <brucewhealton at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Please advise on what needs to be known or done when changing the look of a
> site.   I've been playing with one theme and have a good reason to believe
> that I'm missing something.  I started with fancy style and hoping that it
> wouldn't be that difficult as it appears that style.css is the file that
> needs to be editted.
> as the main style sheet.

You should only really need to edit the themes stylesheet. That
stylesheet can pretty much override any other styles in Drupal (it is
imported last).

You don't mention (or at least I didn't see it mentioned) how much you
know about CSS. You'll need to have a fairly good understanding of
selectors and the 'cascade' or inheritance in stylesheets.

The one thing I absolutely recommend as a must have is using Firefox
and its Web Developer extension to dig into the page and highlight
blocks ids classes etc etc. You can even use it to try altering the
CSS on the fly to see whether or not your are changing the right bits.

--
Cheers
Anton