[support] Help with taxonomy view page

Greg Knaddison - GVS Greg at GrowingVentureSolutions.com
Fri May 12 13:53:04 UTC 2006

On 5/12/06, Daniel Carrera <daniel.carrera at zmsl.com> wrote:
> Personally I'd be happier if there were weights, like with menu entries.
> But sticky pages will do...

Yeah, that seems like a cool idea.  So, did you open a feature request
for it?  Or find an existing one to "+1".  Or did you provide a patch?

Ok, that was a little tongue-in-cheek, but it's still valid.  This is
open source, so the software will be what you make of it!

There was a patch to get "node weights" in core: http://drupal.org/node/5738

But that got thrown out because there is a module that will do the
same thing called Weights: http://drupal.org/node/35984

There is also a way that you can create this with the views module in
4.7.  The Views module in 4.7 allows you to sort by a taxonomy term.
You can create a "weights" taxonomy with numbers in it and then sort
by that field.  At least I think that should work.

So, there, at least 2 different ways to accomplish your goal and 1
issue that you could argue deserves to be in core if you think that's
the case.

Cheers,
Greg

--
Greg Knaddison | Growing Venture Solutions
Denver, CO | http://growingventuresolutions.com