[support] Moving to a new host

Kobus Myburgh ITBJDM at puknet.puk.ac.za
Fri May 19 12:10:24 UTC 2006

Hi,

I have moved one site from a temporary domain located on my US host to
a local South African host, and the site won't work on the new host -
just displays a blank screen. At first I thought I did something wrong,
but then I did a blank install of the latest Drupal and that won't work
either. My conclusion is that my web host has something wrong on the
server.

I have added a phpinfo.php file on the US account where the site is
currently (temporarily) hosted and also one on the new hosting space
(final host), and both show the PHP info correctly, in other words, PHP
is running on the new host, but there still is something wrong. There
are many differences between the outputs of the PHP info in the
different instances, but I don't know the significance thereof.

The SA host, for example, uses PHP 5.1.4 and the US host PHP 4.4.x. I
doubt that should be an issue, but that is unfortunately the only thing
there that is significant for a person with my skillset, and therefore
am wondering if someone is willing to look at the different phpinfo()
outputs and perhaps tell me where the problem lies (if the problem is
hidden in there somewhere)?

If so, please let me know so I can send you the URLs for the
phpinfo.php file, as I am not sure how sensible it is to send that info
over to a public mailing list.

Hope someone can help, as the person I am doing the site for is getting
somewhat peeved off with me being unable to get the site up and running
:-(

Thanks in advance!

Kobus