[support] Multi Site Question . . .

Greg Knaddison - GVS Greg at GrowingVentureSolutions.com
Fri Nov 10 14:08:10 UTC 2006

On 11/10/06, Jason Flatt <drupal at oadae.net> wrote:
> Does anyone else have any words of wisdom to offer?

This is a good question and one that most people skip over when they
are in the phase of "these modules are all great I'm going to install
350 of them!"

Ideally I like to verify that a module is high quality and will be
around for a while, but things change so you have to adjust.  If you
have 19 sites that are ready to upgrade to 5.x but there's one or two
that have legacy modules only available for 4.7 you can then leave
those sites in 4.7 and upgrade the first 19 to a new home (in the
directory structure) that is the 5.x installation.  Then as the
modules that were holding you back get updated, or you update them, or
you find replacement functionality you can merge the 4.7 sites back
into the 5.x location.

That is the system I've been using for the sites that are under my
direct control - it works fairly well.

Greg