[support] Change to home page location

Larry Garfield larry at garfieldtech.com
Sat Nov 11 07:22:27 UTC 2006

Let me make sure I understand.  Your sysadmin insists that http://mysite.com/
be nothing, and that http://mysite.com/home be what everything thinks is the
home page?

Step one, get a new sysadmin because this one is dumb. :-)

When that fails, alias your front page (whatever it is) to the path "home".
Yes, all <front> links (such as breadcrumbs) will still point to an empty
path, because that's the way it's supposed to work.  You could probably write
a module to auto-forward path '' to path "home" fairly easily (hook_init(),
probably?).  I don't know of an existing way to do that, but that's probably
how I'd go about it given silly constraints like that (unless  it's because
you have some sort of flash ad at your web root, in which case the sysadmin
should be shot for wanting a flash ad as a front page for a site in the first
place).

--
Larry Garfield			AIM: LOLG42
larry at garfieldtech.com		ICQ: 6817012